Thursday, September 19, 2013

CarPlate DinnerYum!


I am a CIT(Chef In Training) at Christian's Bistro in Plover WI, and it is the best job in the world! I love my coworkers, the businesses mission, how much we support our community and my amazing boss, who pushes me to do my best and enjoy life one plate at a time. The only thing I don't like about it is that now that I am back in school and I can't work nearly as much as I would like to. I can remember this summer, it didn't matter what I felt like when I woke up or how drama filled my life was or how I didn't have money to pay the bills, cause as soon as I walked in the back door and saw Chef nothing but the Bistro mattered. I was able to drop everything and make amazing food that people enjoyed eating.

The best thing about food is that it does not care. You can be poor, Black, sad, Jewish, racist, mean, short, gay, republican and guess what? The food won't cook any differently if you're any of these. I can be me and make it into my form of art and it will almost always turn out perfect... unless I forget to set a timer and burn the sin out of it... than its no bueno.

No comments:

Post a Comment