Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The boob tube.... the idiot box... how I learned to stop worrying and love my couch...

Radio... not just for farmers and foundry workers. My homework was to watch a couple of hours of TV.... How sick is that?!?! Well its awesome if you don't use your TV to fall asleep like I do. So it ended up being a bit harder than anticipated. However I did it and it was a success. If you consider sitting in front of a television for a few hours watching late night Adult Swim a success.

So for starters if you have never watched Adult Swim before, don't watch it at 2:00 pm on a Friday. It will mess with your head in ways you can't imagine. The first thing I noticed was the lack of commercials. There where some but not as many as when the network is still considered Cartoon Network. A good majority of the commercials were for the things provided by the Adult Swim network, such as games for your smart phone and DVD sets of the shows. However I was surprised to see two kids targeted adds. One was for Playdou and the other was for kids eat free at Denny's. I don't understand why they would advertise things like this at this time of night but all I do know is it made me hungry. Also because some of the shows were only fifteen minutes long there was not much of a difference between commercials aired in the show or between the shows. Furthermore I have come to the conclusion that Cartoon Network takes advantage of there late night television to advertise there adult based items and programs because during the day it is all geared t words kids, so the people watching it at night might not know of some of the nifty things they have to offer.

Video killed the radio star and mp3 killed MTV. However 9.67 killed me. I kinda hate my teacher for this part of the homework, because I am a VERY PICKY person and don't like to mix up what works well for me. So when I read 'listen to some radio stations that you wouldn't normally consider listening to.' my heart sank just a bit. However I did it and I never EVER EVER want to go thru that again. Unless it means not having the Sriracha plant shut down. Than I would do it all day every day.... for more info on that go to this. (http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2013/10/30/oooh-burn-sriracha-factory-neighbors-complain-about-smell/?hpt=ea_mid)
After enduring probably the worst noise in the history of time I wanted to be the wreaking ball to tear down the radio station that plays the God awful sounds of intolerable pop crap. I was rather relieved when the real commercials came on. What I mean by real commercials is that a huge present of the adds were testimonials from listeners of the 'NEW' 9.67. I guess that means that either the station changed or didn't exist before. Either way it was just high school kids who felt the need to talk trash about the other pop station that plays the same trash. The product adds I heard were rather stupid but because they were very irritating I listened all the way thru witch I guess means it worked. They were for Jim Kryshak Jewelers and Wisconsin job center.com. The only trend other than really bad voice actors was a majority of the adds were for local things. The only ad that was for something national was a McDonald's mighty( more like nasty) wings. Seeing as I don't listen to anything but satellite radio any other time I can't tell if this is different from normal commercials.
Country music really drove me crazy... I killed Jonbenay Ramsy

No comments:

Post a Comment